- Freight is used to ship bulk orders. Frames are boxed and strapped to a pallet in the upright position. We can fit up to eight 36x48” frames onto a single pallet.
- We partner with a FedEx Freight Direct to give you the best price. Typically it costs $400/pallet to ship via freight. If the cost exceeds this amount, Simply Framed will cover up to 10% of overages.
- Please note, the price shared at checkout is a deposit. Freight costs fluctuate based on delivery location and day. For example, if the shipment needs to travel by truck and by ferry, the cost will be higher. Our team will reach out to you with the final freight cost closer to the ships by date. The total cost can range from $400-$600.
- If you have a bulk order of standard sized frames (36x48" and under) and you would like to combine the frames into a single freight shipment instead of having each frame ship separately via FedEx, please email us at email@example.com so we can make note of this for you!
How it Works
- We offer two different delivery options with FedEx Freight Direct: Basic by Appointment or Premium.
- Basic by Appointment: The carrier will schedule a delivery appointment with the recipient. If the carrier is unable to schedule a delivery appointment, you, the purchaser, will be charged a daily holding fee (avg. $65-100 per day) until a delivery appointment can be made. It is crucial that you include the recipient’s phone number NOT that of your company when entering the shipping and contact information. The carrier will call again when the driver is on the way to the delivery appointment.
- In shipping to a major city, freight carriers will only deliver curbside. The recipient will need to meet the carrier outside of the location to receive the shipment, unless the Premium service was selected at checkout.
- Premium: Two-person deliver and/or placement in room of choice (with the option of packaging removal). This option is an additional $100 and can be selected at checkout.
- Freight is only available for delivery in the contiguous United States.
- If the scheduled delivery appointment is missed you will be charged a redelivery fee (avg. $200).
- All late fees and or re-delivery fees will be billed to you by Simply Framed. It is then up to you if the cost is extended to the recipient.
- Simply Framed will insure each freight shipment for the total amount of the artwork, frame, and shipping fees. By insuring each shipment, Simply Framed is eligible for reimbursement on any damaged shipments, if and only if, the claim is accepted by the carrier.
Delivery & Inspection
- The recipient has a right to complete a basic inspection of the condition of items upon delivery and prior to signing the proof of delivery (POD). By signing the POD, the recipient is accepting the condition of the shipment. As such, It is important to complete this inspection immediately upon delivery and to gather video and or photo evidence of the unboxing process, prior to signing the POD. We also recommend gathering the driver’s initials when signing or noting on the POD.
- If a driver is not willing to wait while the recipient inspects and unboxes each item in the shipment, the recipient is instructed to note “pending further inspection” on the POD.
- If the shipment has arrived damaged, the recipient is instructed to note “damaged” on the POD. Further instructions are dependent on the frame service, please read below:
- If full service, the recipient is instructed to accept the frame and contact Simply Framed for next steps. We will work with the recipient to arrange for the frame to be reframed/repaired and submit a claim with the carrier.
- If print & frame, the recipient is instructed to refuse the shipment and contact Simply Framed for next steps. We will arrange to have a replacement delivered and submit a claim with the carrier.
- All photo and or video evidence is to be shared with Simply Framed in order to submit a claim with the carrier. If the claim is accepted, Simply Framed will use the claim to issue a replacement at no additional cost to the recipient.