Do You Offer Colored Mats?
No, we do not. Colored mats not only limit where you will be able to display your piece but they can also be distracting. A white, cream or black mat isolates the image from the frame, creating a space for you to experience the image alone. Although we'd love to take credit, we didn't come up with this concept—it's the standard in the art world.
Available Mat Options
- Framer’s Choice–Our team has years of experience selecting the optimal color white mat for artwork. If you select Framer's Choice for your mat style, we will select the best shade of white to match your piece. We always check the shade of white against the art prior to framing. This option is only available for Full Service orders.
- Paper White–Standard white. Pairs best with the Gallery White moulding or artwork with softer tones.
- Bright White–Brightest white with grey tones. Pairs best with glossy photo papers. We do not recommend this option for artwork with a lot of white space or if pairing with a white frame moulding.
- Artique Digital White–Warmer, off-white. Recommend for pairing with antique artworks.
- Black–This is our only non-white shade. We do not offer colored mats. Please note, the black mat has a white core that is visible in a cut mat.
Order mat material samples here!