How do I measure my artwork?
Start by measuring in inches - we measure our frames in inches, so the art dimensions will need to be entered in inches. Converting from metric? Use an online calculator.
Round up - We can customize down to 1/8". So, if your art is between 1/8" increments, round up.
- Check the orientation - Enter the width first and then height as we format measurements W x H
Questions? - For more tips & tricks, view our guide on the blog, here or email email@example.com
Where do I enter my art size?
Frame customizations are located on the right-hand side of our frame Designer.
For Frame Only and Mail-In Services you'll enter your art size in the art dimension fields
For Print Only and Print & Frame services you'll enter your desired print size in the art print fields
Will the frame lip or mat overlap my art?
- Cut mats will overlap art approx. 1/8" on all sides
- Frame lip overlap will vary by model, read more here
- No need to subtract or add overlap measurements at checkout, our team will take care of this math
- Concerned the mat or lip will overlap an essential part of your art or print? Email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org before placing your order
Will the white border or signature on my art be visible?
- if you'd like to reveal a white border, signature, or edition number, please measure and enter the visible area you'd like framed during checkout.
- If you'd like a white border, signature, or edition to be concealed, please measure and include the dimensions of the artwork only.
- As standard practice:
If the art includes a white border but no signature, we will frame to the edge of the image.
If the art includes a white border and has a signature, edition number, or emblem, we will add approximately a 1/4-inch reveal on all sides.
Mail-In: Will you measure my art upon arrival?
- Once your art arrives at our shop, we will double-check the received art's measurements with those entered for your order at checkout. If we notice a discrepancy in size upon opening, we will email you directly to discuss the next steps.
Frame Only: Important Notes
- Please enter the exact measurements of your artwork to ensure that all materials are cut to the correct size
- Please note we are unable to make adjustments to your order once placed as all sales are final
- Questions regarding your art size? Email email@example.com before placing your order