How to Measure Your Artwork
- We measure our frames in inches, so we need your art’s dimensions in inches as well. If you need to convert from centimeters, use an online calculator.
- We cut our frames and mats to the nearest ⅛”. If your exact measurement ends with a 16th, please round up.
- For more tips & tricks, please view our guide on the blog, here.
How to Enter Your Artwork Size
- Under "Art Dimensions" on the right-hand side of the Designer, please be sure to enter the exact dimensions of your artwork. We use this measurement to calculate the size of the mat opening, which determines how much of your artwork is shown.
- Please note, the mat will overlap the art size listed by 1/8-inch on all sides, to ensure there are no gaps between the art and the mat. Additionally, the frame edge will cover 1/4-inch of the image or mat on all sides.
My Artwork Has a Border or includes an Artist's Signature
- If your artwork has a border that you would like to include within the frame, please include a border when calculating the art dimensions.
- If your artwork has a border that you do not want to include within the frame, please do not include the border when calculating the art dimensions. The art dimension should reflect the size of the artwork without the border.
For Full Service (exclusive to Wholesale)
We never put a frame into production until we’ve double-checked your art’s measurements. Once your artwork has been examined and measured you will receive an email confirmation from our production team. If our team noticed any discrepancies in size during this time, we will email you directly to discuss next steps.
For Frame Only
If you are selecting our Frame Only service, it is crucial that you enter the exact measures of your artwork to ensure that the mat opening is cut to the correct size. If you have any questions about the size of your artwork, please email email@example.com prior to placing your order.