We aim to strike a balance between packaging that protects your frame while simultaneously reduces waste. We pledge to continue to minimize our environmental impact by implementing new processes, reengineering our packaging, and adapting for less waste and a cleaner tomorrow.
These are the commitments we have made and executed since our inception:
When possible, we use recyclable and reusable materials. We are committed to reusing and recycling what we can at all framing locations.
- Our frames are shipped in double wall cardboard boxes and trays that can be reused or recycled.
- Our gummed paper tape is 100% recyclable and biodegradable.
- At our Ohio location, we use green bubble wrap for frames smaller than 30x40 inches. This bubble wrap has already been recycled once and can be recycled again wherever #4 plastics are accepted.
- Our Metal frame collections are made of aluminum. Any scraps left over from production are recycled.
- We reuse our shipping tubes and boxes when possible.
- When frames are cut in error, we reuse them for special projects or donate to organizations in need, including Habitat for Humanity.
We’ve reduced, substituted, and eliminated wasteful packaging without compromising the quality or integrity of our product.
- In 2017, we removed kraft wrapping in our packaging, saving more than 30 trees per year.
- We send 100% of our invoices electronically to reduce paper waste.
- Our California location does not use bubble wrap, shipping in custom boxes made to each frame size with recyclable corner inserts that protect the frame.
- Simply Framed Black Label frames larger than 36 x 48 inches are shipped in reusable wood crates.
We give back.
- We’ve made donations to plant over 125 trees and help save our National Parks.