What are my hardware options?
We offer sawtooth hangers, wire hangers, cleats, and specialty hardware.
Our default hanging hardware is based on industry best practices to ensure that your frame is supported on the wall and that the hardware can support the weight of the frame. The Designer will only allow you to select hardware options that are available for your Art Dimensions and Frame. We will only apply hardware that is suited for your frame size, and your frames will arrive with the nails or screws needed for hanging.
- Sawtooth - For frames up to 8x10", we recommend a single sawtooth hanger centered at the top of your frame. The frame will arrive with this pre-attached along with a drywall screw for easy hanging.
- Wire - Hanging wire gives you the flexibility to adjust your frame. Strong tension wire, wrapped around D-rings, is stretched on the back of the frame to secure the frame to the wall. Frame will arrive with 2 hooks and nails to hang. You can slide the frame along the wire until it is perfectly level. Fast, easy, and secure!
- Cleat - Interlocking wood cleats on the frame and your hanging surface provide a secure hold (available for Simply Framed Black Label orders only)
Speciality Hardware: By Request Only
- D-rings - If your frame moulding is wide enough, the frame can come with 2 D-Rings attached to the back of the frame and hang on 2 Hooks and Nails, providing a secure hold. D-rings are sturdy enough to hang our XL pieces. If you choose this method, do not attempt to add a wire, it is important that you hang from the 2 hooks to give added support to your large frame.
- Security Hardware - If your piece will hang in a public place like a museum, hotel, or office building, we recommend upgrading to Security Hardware which adds $1 per frame to the cost. This requires a little more elbow grease to install but will make the frame impossible to knock off the wall. This is ideal for crowded public spaces. To add Security Hardware to your order, simply add the note "SECURITY HARDWARE" to the Order Notes before checkout. If you forget to do this, email us with the Subject line including your Simply Framed Order # and "Security Hardware" and we'll make the internal adjustments needed and then invoice you via email for this upgrade.